By no means is this it, we could go on forever!
1. Hutton Kids (Current and Alum): Each one of our kids has enriched our campus community in diverse ways. Their compassion, talents and stories make up the spirit that Levi Hutton first experienced nearly 100 years ago. First and foremost, we are grateful for the thousands that have called Hutton home.
2. Houseparents: The ‘secret sauce’ of Hutton Settlement – the ones who serve day in and day out to provide a safe, loving environment. We are thankful for those that have dedicated their energy and hearts to service at Hutton.
3. Investors: Our 2018 investors have helped to make a lot happen! Thank you for trusting us to be good stewards of your resources and choosing to invest in the lives of our Hutton children.
4. Community Partners: From Washington Trust Bank organizing their annual Christmas Tree Giveaway to the Cheney Owl Pharmacy donating profits from pictures with Santa, we are grateful for those organizations and businesses that have stepped in to help make the Hutton difference.
5. Campus Staff: We know it takes a village and each member of our campus staff serves with heart and purpose, even when it means fulfilling the “other duties as assigned” bullet.
6. Volunteers: Our lists of volunteer groups and individuals have grown quickly. You’ve helped us build fences, clear trails, prepare garden beds, spread bark, prepare care packages for service members, rake leaves and more! Stay tuned for information about our spring volunteer opportunities!
7. Christmas Tree Customers: Our kids loved greeting and helping everyone at the tree farm. This year we sold out faster than we ever have thanks to the generosity of our community! Check out the recap here!
8. M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust: This fall, we announced a $152,000.00 grant award from the M.J. Murdock Charitable Trust. Kicking off construction in October, the grant replaced over 2,000 feet of aging sewer lines, addressing a critical infrastructure need at the campus.
9. West Valley School District: For nearly a century, the West Valley School District has fully embraced our children. Providing extra support where needed, we are so grateful to have such a committed partners that ensure our kids receive a rigorous and relevant education.
10. Millwood Community: Business owners, organizations, community members and neighbors alike, we are grateful for the way that Millwood has walked alongside the Settlement in serving our kids.
11. Our Board of Trustees: Twenty-one women serving life-terms, all for the sake of carrying forth Levi Hutton’s mission to provide a “neighborhood of care” for children in need in our region. The deep impact seen by many is made possible by our valued Board Ladies.
12. Gonzaga University Tutors: Each semester many Gonzaga students dedicate time weekly to provide one-on-one tutoring for our kids. Serving as role-models, the GU students have become a critical component of the Hutton community.
13. Media: 2018 has been a year full of exciting news at Hutton and we are grateful for the various opportunities to share that with the Spokane region. From KHQ and KXLY’s coverage of the Christmas Tree Farm, the Spokesman Review’s piece highlighting Trevor and the Tree Farm, the coverage of our Murdock award, to the announcement of a new team member, thank you to all those that have covered Hutton in the news!
14. Extended Supports for Kids: Families, teachers, coaches, caseworkers, friendship families, and mentors – you each have made a difference in the lives our kids and campus.
15. L&L Cargile: Leading the sewer replacement project, we are grateful for L&L Cargile, their hard work and willingness to take on a project so important to our future.
16. Fette Trust: Benjamin Franklin once said, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” Providing funds for our students to obtain higher education, thanks to the Fette Trust, they each have an opportunity to pursue their goals in what brings them joy.
17. Kris Faulkner: Kris Faulkner, our talented videographer, is helping to us to tell our story through video. In case you missed it, check out the First Ride video about Spokane’s Looff Carrousel. Stay tuned for our next videos!